Prep time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius).
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the strawberry jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl, and set it aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of an 8” x 8” pan coated with nonstick spray. You can use your hands or a spoon. Make sure you cover the entire bottom of the pan!
- Using a large spoon, spread the strawberry jam on top of the mixture in the pan. Spread it evenly all over.
- Take the mixture that was left in the bowl, and spread it over the strawberry jam. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the bars into 12 squares to eat and share!
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Serving size: 1 square
Yields: 12 squares
2 g protein
32 g carbohydrate
9 g fat
22 mg cholesterol
126 mg sodium
1 g fiber
16 mg calcium
***Recipe courtesy of www.kidshealth.org