Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced cooked sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 plantains, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs (thyme, dill, or chervil), chopped
- In a large skillet, melt the first 2 Tbsp butter and oil until hot.
- Add potatoes, plantains, onions, ham if desired, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth; cover and simmer 10 minutes or till plantains are tender.
- Add desired fresh herbs.
Yields: 6 servings
Nutritional analysis per serving:
***Recipe courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)