Preparation Time: less than 30 minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (tsp.) olive oil
- ½ head cabbage, cut into 1” squares
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) tomato sauce
- ¾ pound (lb.) extra lean, ground turkey
- 3 cups (c.) cooked brown rice or quick cooking brown rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion is almost soft.
- Add turkey and brown, breaking up as needed.
- Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and cabbage.
- Cover and simmer until cabbage is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
1 cup of fruits and vegetables per serving
Nutrition information per serving:
2.7g total fat
0.3g saturated fat
11% of calories from fat|
1% of calories from saturated fat
5g dietary fiber